A Unique Way to Experience the Knysna Forest
A unique and true forest experience. Enjoy an exhilarating downhill on the Monster Mountain Scooter, descent through indigenous forest, sweepy bends and single track. A scenic minibus ride takes you into the heart of the forest to the best hills to start your descent in the Garden Route National Park. All of this while on the lookout for the our local wild life, the majestic Knysna loerie, the shy bushbuck and wild boar.
Scooters are non motorized making this eco friendly. These Swiss designed scooters are used in the Alps during the summer season on the ski slopes when the snow is gone. All trips are guided by professional qualified guides. All scooters can handle one adult with a child passenger.
Where is it Based?
We meet at Whet Restaurant on Thesen Island
- From Waterfront drive, turn into Long str towards Thesen Island, continue with Long str untill you reach the circle, turn right
- Look out for our Minibus and Scooters!
- There is plenty of Secure Parking!
Who can participate?
Anyone who can ride a bicycle. The Scooters are stable and you control the speed.Adults and kids over 10 years book Solo Tickets and Children under juniors can double up with mom or dad.
When can we go?
We operate all year round weather permitting. Book your spot in one of the 3 time slots.
What do I need to bring?
Bring yourself, family, friends and CLOSED SHOES and a Windbreaker. We provide the rest.
Solo Ticket: R 450
Junior Passenger Ticket: R 250
Duration: 2 hours
Start Location: Whet Restaurant, Thesen Island, Knysna
What to Wear: Closed Shoes
Contact Knysna Scootours
Tel: 079 148 3751
Bookings – Let’s Go!
Real Time BookingsCheck Availability & Book Now!
- We are making use of a Real Time Reservation System – you can Check Availability and Book in Real Time
- You will receive a confirmation email on completion of your booking