Downhill Scooter Tours Franschhoek – Winelands
Scootours® Franschhoek offer an adventurous way to explore the magnificent mountains and wine farms surrounding the Franschhoek Valley in an exciting and family-friendly way. Scootours Franschhoek offer two Scootour Options.
1 – Franschhoek Adventure Scootour – During the tour you will free-wheel along sections of the historic 1825 Holloway Pass and 1819 Cats Path ox wagon trail that ends at Haute Cabrière Cellar Restaurant. Participants enjoy picturesque views of the Franschhoek Valley as well as the pristine fauna and flora of the Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve and is perfect for adventurous travellers.
2 – Franschhoek Family Scootour – This tour is perfect for families with kids. During the tour you will mainly free wheel down the gentle slopes of wine farms. The route is easy to navigate and the only requirement is that you are able to ride a bicycle. Kids from the age of 10 years and up can ride their own scooter. Kids between 4 and 9 can join their parents as Passengers.
We meet at La Couronne Wine Estate
- Drive on the R45 towards Franschhoek
- At the Monument turn right
- 1st road turn right again onto the Robertsvlei Road
- La Couronne Wine Estate is situated 1.5km further on the right
- After the tour there will be a convenient opportunity to book a tour & tasting and/or restaurant lunch/dinner at Haute Cabriere and La Couronne
Anyone who can ride a bicycle.
The Scooters are stable and you control the speed. Adults and kids over 10 years book Solo Tickets and Children 9 years and under can double up with mom or dad.
We operate all year round weather permitting. Book your spot in one of the 3 time slots.
9:00 – 11:00 / 12:00 – 14:00 / 15:00 – 17:00
Bring yourself, family, friends and CLOSED SHOES and a Windbreaker.
You can bring cash with for action photos sold after the tour.
Scooters are non motorised making this eco friendly. The scooters are propelled by gravity and our vehicle take you to the top of the runs.
These Swiss designed, non motorised push bikes are used in the Alps during the summer season on the ski slopes when the snow is gone. All trips are guided by professional qualified guides.
Contact & Bookings
Real Time: Check Availability & Book Now!Tel: 082 776 0557
Family Scootour Driver Tickets: R 490 pp
Family Scootour Junior Passenger Tickets: R 270 pp
Adventure Scootour Driver Ticket: R 550 pp
Duration: Family Scootours – 1.5 hours / Adventure Scootours – 2 hours
Start Location: Huguenot Memorial Museum
Departure Times: 9:00 / 11:30 / 14:00 / (16:30* summer months only)
What to Wear: Closed Shoes, Sun Block, Dress Sporty
- Enjoy Breathtaking Views of Franschhoek Valley and Hottentots Holland Mountains
- Navigate Single Tracks and Old Ox Wagon Trail
- Free Wheel through vineyards.
- Indigenous Fynbos
- Convenient opportunity to book a tour & tasting and/or restaurant lunch/dinner at Haute Cabriere
- Opportunity for families to have lunch at the family friendly La Couronne Wine Farm
Bookings – Let’s Go!
Real Time Bookings
- If you want to make a booking for more than 5 people – please book via email or phone.
- We are making use of a Real Time Reservation System – you can Check Availability > Book > Pay
- You will receive a confirmation email on completion of your booking
- If you have ANY issues with booking on-line please contact us via email or phone for assistance.
Tel Bookings & Enquiries:
082 776 0557
Email Bookings & Enquiries
Scootour Trip Departure Times
09:00 – 10:30
11:30 – 13:00
14:00 – 15:30
16:00 – 17:30* (summer months only)